Information sheet Detailed content Timetable ECTS syllabus Slovak English
Course syllabus PHD_U050_N - Summer School Course: Sustainable Land Management in Europe (FESRD - 2019/2020 - post-graduate studies)
|University:||Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra|
|Faculty:||Faculty of European Studies and Regional Development|
|Course unit code:||PHD_U050_N|
|Course unit title:||Summer School Course: Sustainable Land Management in Europe|
|Planned types, learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Semester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||-- item not defined --|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Assesment methods :|
|Summer school will be taught in English.|
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
- to explain main objectives, strategies and initiations of the EU land management;
- to encourage multifuncionality of the land-use in the connection with the decision proceedings related to land management
- to improve professional skills in proceeding of land management
- to explain and discuss barriers and challenges of current land management policy
The summer school will contain:
- theoretical lectures;
- practical exercices and excursions based on the assignments of the lecturers.
To achieve satisfactory attendance a student must attend both scheduled lectures and planned training activities.
Evaluation is based on individual/group work, presentations and final exam.
|The main topics of the summer school are:
- Political framework of the land management in the EU – main political initiatives, political documents; European policy in the context of world environmental policy, Common agricultural policy);
- Legal framework of the land management in the EU (economic tools for land management, economic consequences of the decisions of public sector on land-use, practical cases);
- Environmental aspects of land management (ecological assumptions for land-use planning and land management; ecological consequences of the decisions of public sector on land-use; voluntary tools for land management, practical cases);
- Changes in rural areas in the context of current land management;
- Land-use planning (decision-making processes in land-use planning; methodological approaches of sustainable land management; practical cases);
- Indicators of Land Quality and Sustainable Land Management;
- Implementation of Sustainable Land Management;
- Evaluation and monitoring of land management.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak|
|Evaluation of course unit:|
|Assessed students in total: 0|
|Name of lecturer(s):||prof. JUDr. Anna Bandlerová, PhD. (person responsible for course)|
|Last modification:||14. 1. 2019|
|Supervisor:||prof. JUDr. Anna Bandlerová, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Ing. Martin Mastík, PhD. on 01/14/2019.