Information sheet Detailed content Timetable ECTS syllabus Slovak English
Course syllabus E15-0106-B - Mathematics I B (FEM - SS 2020/2021)
|University:||Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Economics and Management|
|Course unit code:||E15-0106-B|
|Course unit title:||Mathematics I B|
|Planned types, learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Semester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||1.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Assesment methods :|
|- Partial written tests during the semester for 30 points,|
- Seminary project and individual project tasks via LMS Moodle (bonus) for 10 points,
- The final exam test for 60 points.
For the final evaluation it is necessary to obtain from a total number of 100 points:
- at least 93 points for the evaluation A, at least 86 points for the evaluation of B, at least 79 points for the evaluation of C, at least 72 points for the evaluation of D and at least 64 points for the evaluation E.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|The aim of the course is to provide students with basic theoretical knowledge from three main areas - integral calculus of functions with one real variable, linear algebra and probability theory - and to develop students computational skills in order to solve various types of mathematical and applied problems.
Upon completion of the course, students should be able to:
- handle and solve the indefinite and definite integrals
- master computational techniques with matrices
- find solution of the homogeneous and non-homogeneous systems of linear equations
- solve tasks about mathematical probability
- give logical reasoning and interpretation of the obtained results
- apply mentioned techniques to solve mathematical and applied problems.
|Indefinite integral - substitution method, integration "by parts", integration of rational, irrational and trigonometric functions.
Definite integral, area of a planar sector, economic applications.
Linear algebra: vectors, matrices, determinants, systems of linear equations.
Probability theory: random events, conditional probability, Bayes' theorem, repeated attempts, Bernoulli scheme.
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak, English|
|Evaluation of course unit:|
|Assessed students in total: 1562|
|Name of lecturer(s):||RNDr. Janka Drábeková, PhD. (examiner, instructor)|
RNDr. Mária Farkašová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
Mgr. Radomíra Hornyák Gregáňová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
Mgr. Norbert Kecskés, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer)
doc. RNDr. Dana Országhová, CSc. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)
|Last modification:||22. 10. 2019|
|Supervisor:||doc. RNDr. Dana Országhová, CSc. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Iveta Kunová on 10/22/2019.