Information sheet Detailed content Timetable ECTS syllabus Slovak English
Course syllabus E15-0171-I - Computer Networks (FEM - SS 2020/2021)
|University:||Slovak University of Agriculture in Nitra|
|Faculty:||Faculty of Economics and Management|
|Course unit code:||E15-0171-I|
|Course unit title:||Computer Networks|
|Planned types, learning activities and teaching methods:|
|Semester:||-- item not defined --|
|Level of study:||2.|
|Prerequisites for registration:||none|
|Assesment methods :|
|In the course of the semester will be 6 interim tests (30%) and semester project - presented on the website (10%), which together will constitute 40% of the total evaluation. The oral examination will consist of 3 parts (2 of theoretical questions): |
1 Computer Networks - Technical section
2 UNIX (you can use manual pages)
3 Practical part (you can use manual pages)
To obtain evaluation A to be achieved 93 points, to obtain user B at least 86 points, 79 points C assessment, evaluation D 72 points, 64 points E evaluation.
|Learning outcomes of the course unit:|
|After completion of the subject the student deepens the knowledge gained in the subject Basics of computer networks, particularly in the area of network architecture, network technology, the UNIX operating system and using a various of services and applications in the network application layer offers. Understands the selected Web applications, such as content management system of web and learning management systems, as well as the basis for visual presentation of the subject. Successful completion of the subject gives the students the preconditions for creating the basic proposal of a computer network at workplace, respectively proposal for its innovation. It also expanding the managerial knowledge and skills, will help in decision-making processes relating to the computer network and its use in practice.
|Subject content builds on knowledge of subject Basics of Computer Networks (BCN), extends them, but it may also attend a student who has not completed the BCN. The first hours of the subject PS are devoted to a brief repetition of the problems being acquired in the subject BCN and students are directed on how to obtain and process the simplest principles of problems. Subject Computer Networks expands knowledge and skills relevant to the work of managers and economists in the following areas:
- Network Architecture.
- Communication Protocols.
- IPv4 versus IPv6. Network Technology.
- Network operating systems. Program Structures.
- Network Security.
- Web Publishing.
- Content Management Systems (CMS).
- Learning Management Systems (LMS).
|Recommended or required reading:|
|Language of instruction:||Slovak|
|Evaluation of course unit:|
|Assessed students in total: 0|
|Name of lecturer(s):||Ing. Eva Oláhová, PhD. (instructor, lecturer)|
RNDr. Darina Tóthová, PhD. (examiner, instructor, lecturer, person responsible for course)
|Last modification:||22. 10. 2019|
|Supervisor:||RNDr. Darina Tóthová, PhD. and programme supervisor|
Last modification made by Iveta Kunová on 10/22/2019.